Sunday, October 7, 2012

Fox and some presaharian arrivals

This afternoon I saw some new presaharians in l'Aiguamoll de la Bòbila. Despite I saw 2 Northern Wheatears (Oenanthe oenanthe) and a Reed Warbler (Acrocephalus scirpaceus), everything starts to seem a typical winter day.


The Common Chiffchaff (Phylloscopus collybita) is already a common migrant. I saw 4 birds today. Grey Wagtails (Motacilla cinerea) are flying around and the European Stonechats (Saxicola rubicola) are arrived...

Today I saw the first Meadow Pipit (Anthus pratensis), the first Robin (Erithacus rubecula) and also the first Reed Bunting (Emberiza schoeniclus).

One of the Great Egrets (Casmerodius albus) that I found on Thursday was still there. He was feeding near the Cattle Egret's roost. Today there was 142 there, not bad numbers.

While I was counting the Bubulcus, a Red Fox (Vulpes vulpes) has appeared just in front of me! I have been watching it for 10 minutes...
Can you find the fox?

No comments:

Post a Comment