Thursday, December 31, 2015

TOP 5: 2015

Yeah!, I like the top 5 ranking. And especially when there's that many things to choose that makes almost an impossible decision to pick just 5!
Without more preable, here they go!

5- Falcons
If in the Top 5 2014 I placed "Eagles" in the number 5, this year is the turn to Falcons. With the invasion of Red-footed Falcons (Falco vespertinus) during May in Catalunya, and the "Falcon story" that you may have already heard about, this year I have actually trapped and ringed Red-footed, Peregrine, Hobby and Merlin. A very nice combo!


4- Illa de l'Aire
During May I spent some days in Illa de l'Aire, an small island south of Menorca, in the Balearic Islands. As always, I had very nice days with an incredible company. Thanks, one more time, to all Menorcan friends and see you in 2016!!


3- Morocco
In February I went to Morocco, for some days ringing in Yasmina lake and some days birding around the country. It was my second time there, but I enjoyed everything again as it was the first time. As Bald Ibis was selected in the 2013's top 5, this the picture will be about a Temminck's Lark (Eremophila bilopha), that was really tame close to Boumalne Dades.


2- 3900 ringed birds!
I just checked the total number of birds I have ringed in Catalunya this year: more than 3900. That's an actual lot, considering the places where I usually go and the fact that I am usually alone!
Anyway, big thanks to all friends that have come in one or another session for their help!! I kind of think 4000 birds will be hard to reach, but let's see...
Some birds from this year (click to enlarge!):


1- Falsterbo
Falsterbo is still on the first position, for the third year already. A part from the Falcon story, many other things happened, and with very nice friends around. I could tell that many things, that I'll just leave it remembering this Yellow-browed Warbler (Phylloscopus inornatus). A big hug to all my friends and... Vi ses!!!



All the best for 2016, another very nice year is just ready to start...
Molt bon any nou!

No comments:

Post a Comment