Tuesday, October 23, 2012

A Reed Warbler to say goodbye

This evening in l'Aiguamoll de la Bòbila, I saw a Reed Warbler (Acrocephalus scirpaceus) between some Reed Buntings (Emberiza schoeniclus). A nice scene, not easy to see here. Probably, I won't see anymore scirpaceus this year. The bird was doing some calls, saying 'goodbye, have a nice winter!'.

I saw also a Northern Wheatear (Oenanthe oenanthe), a Barn Swallow (Hirundo rustica) and a Common Redstart (Phoenicurus phoenicurus)... some transaharian birds just to the side of 52 Skylarks (Alauda arvensis), a Coal Tit (Periparus ater), Chaffinches, Reed Buntings... and also the first Cirl Bunting (Emberiza cirlus) of the season.

The Great Egret (Casmerodius albus) is still there, and today, in the Cattle Egret's roost, there were 112 birds. I saw a nice Barn Owl (Tyto alba) and I come back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment